Is your collection of knives already starting to be respectable, and you are looking for a practical way to store and transport them safely? Do you need any means to organize your favorite kitchen knives? It is possible that here you will find what you need, because in this guide that you are reading, we will tell you everything you need to know to buy the perfect bag for your knives!
A bag of knives will allow you to have all your steels perfectly organized and stored, ready to be used at any time or to take them with you wherever you need them.
What is a knife bag?
Are you not familiar with these types of products? You don’t know what knife bags are? Its own name is most revealing, as it is about pouch-like cases, which are used to store safely, to organize or to transport a small set of various knives.
As a general rule, these products are very versatile and multipurpose, so they can be used for almost any of the many types of knives that exist on the market. However, if you are looking for a particular type, you can also find it, such as bags for chef’s knives or bags for kitchen knives.
Best Knife Bag Buying Guide
Now that we know what knife bags are and what they are for, surely we have wanted to have one to accommodate our small collection of steels. But what bag for knives to buy?
There are many models that can be found in the market, so, in this section, we will help you identify good knife bags that could be interesting for a possible purchase. And we will do it by teaching you some aspects that every buyer should value or, at least, keep in mind, to ensure a successful and satisfactory purchase. Let’s go with it:
- Capacity: one of the most important aspects that we must take into account when buying bags to store knives is their capacity or, in other words, the number of knives that will allow us to store. Make a count of all the knives you want to keep and look for a bag with a number of compartments that allows you to shelter all your steels.
- Materials: if you do not want your brand new knife bag to deteriorate or break at the first change, you should bet on good quality manufacturing materials. How about a leather knife bag?
- Flexibility: most of the models that you will find on the market are made of materials of different flexibility so that the bags can be folded without difficulty. You have to choose between folding knife bags or roll-up knife bags.
- Closure: another issue that we must not overlook is the choice of a closure system that is practical and easy to open/close, but also that is reliable and safe. Cords, clips, or velcro are the most common systems that we will find.
- Protection: we have already discussed the importance of materials in order to extend the useful life of our new bag, but now we want to focus on the ability of these materials to protect our knives. Let’s make sure to choose a model whose materials are of quality, but also capable of safeguarding the integrity of the knives against accidental drops and blows.
- Brand: it should be noted that many brands of knives also sell specific bags to store their own collections of knives. If all your cutlery belongs to the same manufacturer, it could be a good option, since you ensure perfect compatibility (especially in terms of number and size). Among the most popular brands, we find the Arcos knife bag.
- Price: last but not least, we must talk about the price of the knife bag. Here, manufacturing materials have a lot of weight, since, the higher their quality, the price of the bag will also be higher. Therefore, do not let yourself be overly seduced by cheap knife bags because, although they will be functional, they surely do not provide that level of quality and protection that you want for your valued knives.
The Best Kitchen Knife Bags of 2021
With all those guidelines that we have just listed in the previous section, surely you already have a very clear idea about which bag to store knives to buy . And if not, don’t worry, because in this section, we are going to show you some models that might be interesting for you.
These are some products that stand out for their magnificent sales, so if they have managed to win over so many users, we can consider them among the best bags for storing knives on the market. Let’s see what they are:
Khaki Chef’s Knife Roll Case
We start with the Khaki Chef’s Knife Roll Case, a model that stands out mainly for its high quality and for its attractive rustic-style aesthetic. It has 7 pockets, a number more than enough to accommodate an average collection of knives and even the occasional additional kitchen utensil.
Its format is that of a roll-up knife bag , and it measures 71 cm wide and 40 cm high. Its manufacturing materials, leather and canvas, are of good quality and will give us the protection and durability we want. In addition, these materials provide lightness, softness to the touch and resistance to water.
We are faced with one of those bags for handmade knives that we like so much, since they offer that traditional touch that many of us look for in our kitchen. Do you dare to get it?
QEES Chef’s Knife Bag, 17 Slots
The price of the bag for knives that we present below makes us think that it is a model for those people with a limited budget who are looking for a practical and functional solution to store their knives, but do not give too much importance to the rest of aspects. And it is that the bag for chef’s knives – Qees GJB46 can be ours for much less than we imagine.
It is made of ultra-dense fiber canvas, which provides great durability and resistance. Its 6 compartments define it as a small knife bag , especially aimed at those users who need to safely store or transport a small number of knives. Without a doubt, a very useful product for situations as diverse as camping, excursions, barbecues, etc.
If you were considering buying cheap knife bags , this model could be a good option. And it is also available in several different colors!
Professional Chef’s Knife Roll, Waxed Canvas Roll
Our third proposal comes from the hand of the roll-up bag for knives – Professional Chef’s Knife Roll, a model that we could define as “mid-range”, since it presents an excellent quality/price ratio.
We are facing a model that we could include within the category of bags for large knives since its measurements are no less than 66 x 55 cm. And, of course, its capacity is commensurate with its generous dimensions, as this model has space to hold up to 17 knives!
The canvas with which this bag is made is light and easy to clean, but it is also very resistant, so we will have a bag for a while. Do you dare to get one of the best bags for knives in quality/price?
Leather Knife Bags
Within the entire set of products that we can find in this sector, leather bags for knives stand out above the rest . We all know how coveted products made with leather or leather are, and how resistant they can be, so we are not surprised by their popularity.
As expected, buying a leather bag for knives can be a little more expensive than usual, since the raw material presents prices above the rest. However, that higher investment is offset by higher levels of quality and durability.
If you are one of those who like to equip themselves with the best of the best, without caring that, for this, you have to pay a little more, do not hesitate, and run to buy a leather bag for knives like these that we present below:
Fabric Knife Bags
In contrast to the leather models that we have just seen, we have the bags for fabric knives . This fabric can be natural or a synthetic fabric, managing to offer a good quality / price ratio.
Speaking of price, we must point out that the fabric ones are the cheapest knife bags that we will find in the market. And although there will be those who think that this is a sign of poor quality, the truth is that some models have surprised us by their great resistance and durability.
Who is this type of product for? Someone who decides to buy a cloth bag for knives is a practical person above all else, who does not need to spend a fortune to enjoy a good quality product and who, surely, prefers to invest more in the knives themselves than in their own. bag. If you feel identified with this description, do not lose sight of the following products: